Legal Aid Justice Center provides representation to individuals in their efforts to access and maintain decent, safe, and affordable housing. The staff also represents local resident associations fighting for the preservation of affordable housing and for the rights of their fellow tenants in local housing policy. In Richmond, Legal Aid staff coordinates the Housing Unit, which engages dozens of pro bono private attorneys each year in representing tenants.
- Resources for Housing Needs in the Region Ten Area (PDF)
Prepared by the City of Charlottesville Housing Division.
- Legislative Information System
(LIS) Code of Virginia, Virginia Administrative Code, all legislation before the General Assembly.
- Free Credit Report Online
Everyone is entitled to one free credit report from each of the major credit bureaus per year. Be careful because it is very easy to order costly extra services by clicking the wrong button.
- United States Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
Information on public and subsidized housing.
- Charlottesville Housing & Revelopment Authority (CRHA)
Public housing and Section 8 information for the Charlottesville area.
- National Low-Income Housing Coalition
- National Housing Law Project
- Virginia General District Court forms