More Justice, Less Poverty
The Legal Aid Justice Center has been providing legal representation for low-income individuals in Virginia since 1967. Our mission is to seek equal justice for all by solving clients’ legal problems, strengthening the voices of low-income communities, and rooting out the inequities that keep people in poverty. Read more about our mission.
- No upcoming events
News & Media
- Jan 15 2019Statement in Support of Pretrial Justice
- Jan 14 2019LAJC’s 2019 Legislative Agenda
- Jan 3 2019Scott Plaintiffs Win Injunction Against VDOC
- Dec 21 2018Injunction Granted In License Suspension Case
- Dec 19 2018LAJC Condemns Recs to Pull Discipline Guidance
- Dec 13 2018Celebrating School Safety Budget Amendment
- Dec 3 2018Arguments in Key Immigrants’ Rights Cases
- Nov 30 2018Response to RTD Editorial on Students w/ Autism
- Nov 28 2018Announcing New Executive Director Angela Ciolfi
- Nov 16 2018Challenge to ORR Child Detention Policy
Open Enrollment Now through Dec 15
Open Enrollment for ACA ends on Dec 15, 2018!
It is especially important for consumers who signed up through the ACA last year to update their Marketplace accounts! If they don’t do this update before December 15, they could be automatically renewed into a health insurance plan that doesn’t meet their financial or medical needs.
If you need help enrolling in health insurance through the Affordable Care Act marketplace and you live within Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa or Nelson, please call us directly to make an appointment at 434-220-1496. Otherwise, call Enroll Virginia at (800)447-8477 for help.