More Justice, Less Poverty
The Legal Aid Justice Center has been providing legal representation for low-income individuals in Virginia since 1967. Our mission is to seek equal justice for all by solving clients’ legal problems, strengthening the voices of low-income communities, and rooting out the inequities that keep people in poverty. Read more about our mission.
- No upcoming events
News & Media
- Nov 9 2018Preliminary Injunction Hearing in Licenses Lawsuit
- Nov 1 2018Fresh Start Breakfast RVA
- Oct 25 2018New Report on Virginia’s School Discipline Crisis
- Fresh Start Breakfast RVA
- Sep 13 2018Inhumane Family Separation Case Settled
- Sep 11 2018Driver’s License Lawsuit Back in District Court
- Sep 10 2018Lawsuit Challenges Culpeper County Sheriff
- Aug 22 2018LAJC Corrects ICE Inaccuracies RE: ACRJ
- Aug 21 2018Suit Filed by Families Separated While Seeking Asylum
- Aug 20 2018VA Understaffs Positions Critical to Student Safety
Open Enrollment Now through Dec 15
Open Enrollment for ACA ends on Dec 15, 2018!
It is especially important for consumers who signed up through the ACA last year to update their Marketplace accounts! If they don’t do this update before December 15, they could be automatically renewed into a health insurance plan that doesn’t meet their financial or medical needs.
If you need help enrolling in health insurance through the Affordable Care Act marketplace and you live within Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa or Nelson, please call us directly to make an appointment at 434-220-1496. Otherwise, call Enroll Virginia at (800)447-8477 for help.