More Justice, Less Poverty
The Legal Aid Justice Center has been providing legal representation for low-income individuals in Virginia since 1967. Our mission is to seek equal justice for all by solving clients’ legal problems, strengthening the voices of low-income communities, and rooting out the inequities that keep people in poverty. Read more about our mission.
Immigration in the Age of Trump
Join us at 5:30pm on March 2 at Charlottesville’s Jefferson School for a discussion of recent issues facing immigrants. Attorneys Simon Sandoval-Moshenberg and Tim Heaphy will talk about Aziz v. Trump and more.
Find out more or register here.
News & Media
- Feb 21 2017LAJC Launches Civil Rights & Racial Justice Program
- Feb 6 2017Yemeni Immigrants Reunited with Families in U.S.
- Jan 31 2017Virginia Files Motion to Intervene in Aziz v. Trump
- Jan 30 2017New Complaint Alleges Detainees Unlawfully Coerced
- Jan 29 2017LAJC Informed CBP Will Comply with Order
- Dulles Temporary Restraining Order Granted
- Nov 3 2016NAACP and LAJC Oppose DMV’s Dismissal Motion
- Oct 5 2016Virginia Tenants Sue Debt Collector
- License Suspension Class Action: Plaintiffs’ Statement
- Aug 25 2016Immigrant Tenants to Protest Offensive Remarks