More Justice, Less Poverty
The Legal Aid Justice Center has been providing legal representation for low-income individuals in Virginia since 1967. Our mission is to serve those in our communities who have the least access to legal resources. Read more about our mission.
Do Justice Photo Gallery – Oct. 13
Hundreds of people gathered at the Paramount Theater in Charlottesville to hear about how we represented 1,200 women prisoners who were not receiving adequate healthcare while incarcerated.
View the gallery.
News & Media
- Jan 7 2016JustChildren Releases School Policing Report
- Oct 9 2015Preliminary Injunction Sought Against Richmond
- Sep 21 2015Preliminary Approval in Fluvanna Prison Case
- Aug 18 2015Fair Housing Lawsuit Filed in Richmond
- Jul 2 2015US Settles Lawsuit Alleging Wrongful Deportation
- Jun 22 2015Sandoval-Moshenberg Named IAP Director
- Apr 27 2015Housing Discrimination Complaint Filed in Richmond
- Apr 10 2015Virginia Tops Nation in Referring Students to Police
- Feb 16 2015Victory for Bill to Limit Restraint & Seclusion!
- Jan 20 2015Making Eviction a Last Resort